my favourite things

Sunday 12 June 2011

a place for everything....and everything with matching earrings

The inventor of the small plastic food bag is my friend for life.  Not just for storing food, they are so much more....and this is my latest household organisation idea that warms my heart.

I like to be tidy, but to be tidy with things that I can do simply and without too much preparation.  Are you always able to find the matching earring you need, or spend hours searching for that necklace that you are sure you put in your drawer?  I know personally I would forget I had necklaces and jewellery, just because I would only wear the few pieces I left lying on my dresser top for quickness. 

This simple yet useful idea will hopefully be useful to you and allow you to wear all your jewellery, never forgetting a single piece.  It will also cut down your storage space for such items dramatically.

I use plastic resealable food bags for this so that I can see all the items within clearly, but you could use pretty organza jewellery tie bags or such from a craft shop.
  • Start by purchasing enough small sized food bags from your local supermarket for your necklaces, and then for very small plastic sealable bags for earrings I found some on Amazon for a few pounds for 100 bags.
  • Keep your nicest boxes from gifts and place a single necklace in each of the small food bags, and pair up your earrings into the very small bags.  If you wish, you could place the matching earrings into the necklace bags but I like to mix and match too much to do this.
  • Group all your necklaces into one lovely pretty storage box (I have used an old Gucci gift box as I love it too much to throw away), and place your earrings in your normal jewellery box. 
  • And there you go! All your items now safely stored and easy to see.  It will also protect them from tarnish, from necklaces being tangled, and items being lost.  Everything in its place for those busy workdays or lazy weekends.

If you have a great idea for jewellery storage, I would love to hear about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.